Wednesday 17 June 2015

BLOGIVERSARY: PS&GW Turns One Year Old!


























It has been exactly one year since I put up my very first posting on Pink Swatches and Gold Watches! To celebrate this one year of fashion, beauty, creativity, nail art, and more - I had a photo shoot done with this super cute giant gold balloon. 

This last year has been crazy busy - running from one location to the next for photo shoots, constantly styling and buying outfits for blog posts, painting nail art and posting tutorials, and scoping out new individuals in fashion and beauty to interview. I have persevered through rain, snow, ice, heat and more to get each look together. (Some photo shoot days were not great weather-wise). But it has all been worth it! 

It has been a year full of schedules, tons of planning ahead, and also lots of fun. I am grateful that I have been able to team up with companies I love, and work with them on this platform. Every post you see on here has been styled, created, and written to inspire others in fashion and beauty. If you follow the blog's facebook page, you may also know a few good inspirational quotes that are intended to enlighten your day and boost self esteem as well!




I also want to take the time in this special post to recognize my photographer and boyfriend, Thomas Birney - for all of the dedication and time he has put into helping me with this blog. He is the one that also has to go through bad weather with me during photo shoots, and put up with me telling him where to stand, and how I want the photos to look. He has been very patient, and definitely knows how to take a good photo when he needs to. 

Thank you for the continued support I hear from this blog. The positive feedback is always great to hear. I look forward to this next year of blogging and continuing my creativity through this website. There is a VIDEO posted up on my YouTube channel featuring my blog's journey and looking back at this past year. You can take a look at that here!

Thanks for reading, 

XO, Mikayla

What I Wore:

Top // Brina Box
Skirt // Kittens Den
Shoes // Tobi
Head Band // Ban Do
Lipstick Shade // Schiap by NARS
Nail Polish // Ruffles and Feathers by Essie
Watch // Michael Kors

Photos by Thomas Birney

© All content is my own. Feel free to use anything you would like, while giving proper credit. 
Thank you. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more Fashion and Beauty Inspiration, follow me on Instagram @mikaylakuehn 
and/or
Subscribe to my YouTube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/mikaylalak17 
NEW videos out every Friday!

Follow the blog by email (located on the right hand side of the post, near the top) 
and like the page on facebook for all updates, fun photos and quotes. https://www.facebook.com/PinkSwatchesandGoldWatches

No comments:

Post a Comment